The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) at the University of Luxembourg is seeking an enthusiastic team member for the following position:
Postdoctoral fellow (Research Associate) in the field of clinical and translational medicine informatics (m/f)
- Ref. : 50012162 (R-AGR-3195-11-C)
- Fixed-term contract; initial contract duration: 3 years, (extension possible)
- Full-time position; 40h/week
- Employee status (start date: as soon as possible)
The Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB) is an interdisciplinary research centre at the University of Luxembourg. LCSB develops and applies systems-level approaches to gain insight into the molecular and cellular mechanisms of human diseases. Experimental and computational approaches are combined to analyse the complexity of biological systems underlying disease pathogenesis. The LCSB is pioneering the way for a predictive, preventive and personalised medicine.
We are looking for an experienced postdoc to work within a team developing a state-of-the-art information technology solutions to integrate and analyze clinical and multi-omics data obtaining from a H2020 project ‘SYSCID (https://syscid.eu)’ on Diagnosis and Stratification of patients from Immunology disease areas: Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA) and Systemic Lupus Erythematodes (SLE).
- Clinical and omics data harmonization, integration and analysis.
- Develop new web-based tools for reporting the research results.
- Play active role in the development of content and data interfaces of related disease maps.
- Work closely with other team members on the design and implementation of statistical analysis workflows and visualization tools.
- Bring new IT/bioinformatics input to the existing platform.
- A PhD in computer science, computational biology or bioinformatics, with an interest in biomedical informatics and translational medicine.
- Working knowledge of modern programming languages, Linux and database engines.
- Good knowledge of R and statistical analysis of clinical and multi-omics data and its interpretation.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to articulate clearly the scientific and technical needs and to work within an interdisciplinary setting, communicating with other internal/external partners.
- Prior experience dealing with clinical and omics data integration, NoSQL database technologies and knowledge of related diseases - IBD, RA, SLE - is considered an advantage.
- A fully funded position with a very competitive salary.
- Participate in the building of state-of-the-art translational medicine platform.
- An opportunity to join the fast-growing Bioinformatics Core Facility group headed by Dr. Reinhard Schneider in LCSB, University of Luxembourg.
- An exciting international environment.
For questions, please contact Venkata Satagopam (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Applications (in English) should contain the following documents:
- A detailed curriculum vitae
- Cover letter mentioning the reference number
- List of publications/software projects
- Description of past experience and future interests
- Name and addresses of three referees
Please apply ONLINE until June 15th, 2018.
The university is an equal opportunity employer.