The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
To sustain its continuous development, the University of Luxembourg has a new job opening within its Interdisciplinary Centre the Luxembourg Centre for Systems Biomedicine (LCSB). The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research University.
We are looking for a :
Financial Controller (m/f)
- Réf: I1-50010931 - (S-STR-8034-00-B)
- Permanent contract, Full time (40h/week)
- Employee status
A team member of the LCSB financial controlling and grants team, you will report directly to the Head of LCSB Operation and will work closely with the research groups, management team and Research Facilitators of the LCSB.
In your role as financial Controller, you will actively support the steering of the LCSB by providing timely and accurate budgets, forecasts, follow-ups and analysis of consolidated costs. Your role includes also the implementing and follow-up of improvement opportunities in budget and processes.
This job includes mainly the following responsibilities:
- Preparing the budgets, forecast and cost follow up for the assigned research groups;
- Provide timely, accurate and complete operational reporting and ensure accounts analysis as part of the monthly tracking process;
- Provide insight in costs development to the LCSB Management Team and LCSB Executive Committee,
- Review the budgets of proposals and projects and communicate in this context with the budget holders;
- Cooperate with the central administration services (Finance, HR, Administration, etc.);
- Support the review and approval of HR costs and commitments;
- Support the review and approval of CapEx related purchases;
- Support on ad hoc requests for analysis and reporting;
- Support and follow-up on time sheet process for externally funded research projects;
- Ensure communication and information flow in financial matters to assigned areas;
- Support the internal and external audits and evaluations related to the LCSB, its activities and projects.
- University degree in the field of Economics , Business Management , Finance or Accounting;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in accounting/finance administration in the research context;
- Experience with financial handling of third party funded projects is considered to be a strong asset;
- Analytical skills combined with target orientated thinking and acting;
- Computer literate, very good knowledge in Excel is required, SAP experience is an asset;
- Excellent command of English and fluent in French (spoken and written) ; German and/or Luxemburgish would be a strong asset;
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills to work in a multicultural environment. Able to involve relevant stakeholders in order to reach your goals (e.g. you will liaise with the financial controllers of all our faculties/centers);
- Self-starter and self-motivated, who takes own initiatives and has a high drive and motivation with a positive attitude;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to manage a number of requests and situation at one time and able to meet deadlines in a complex and fast changing environment.
- A motivating and interesting job within an international research environment;
- Member of an expanding and dynamic team of highly motivated people
- Opportunity to contribute to implementing state of the art controlling tools.
Please apply in English by sending your CV and motivation letter ONLINE until 31st May 2018.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.