A postdoc position is available in the laboratory of Prof. Yann Garcia @UCLouvain, a top university in Belgium. His group focuses on molecular magnetic materials and hybrid materials presenting diverse properties (spin crossover, photomagnetism, fluorescence, sensing, antibacterial, cytotoxicity). Knowledge and practice of coordination chemistry and synthetic skills of organic ligands are necessary.
Keywords: Molecular magnetism, coordination polymers, multifunctional materials, spin crossover, sensors, photochemistry, hybrids
This position will be awarded for one year with possible extension up to three years in total, after evaluation, with a start scheduled no later than Sept. 2021.
Applicants with a PhD awarded before 2018 or having studied or worked in Belgium for more than 2 years in the 3 years immediately prior to the starting date of the project will not be considered.
After preselection by the local search committee, suitable candidates will be contacted for an oral interview.
Applications are invited including a research summary, CV and arrange for two letters of recommendation to be sent directly to Prof. Garcia (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Chemistry › Inorganic chemistry
YEARS OF RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
1 - 4
REQUIRED EDUCATION LEVEL
Chemistry: PhD or equivalent
• You have a solid experience on complex chemistry, organic synthesis, and crystal engineering of coordination complexes.
• You are a productive chemist with recognized synthetic and organisation laboratory skills
• You have experience in reports writing and presentation of scientific results in oral form at international conferences.
• You have in field experience of Mössbauer spectroscopy/magnetometry and efficient crystallization skills of coordination polymers.
• You are creative and have a great motivation for research communication and development.
• You are a team player and used to share/exchange knowledge with group members as well as with our international partners.
• You are able to write manuscripts and have published several papers in high ranking inorganic chemistry journals, preferentially as first author.Continue reading
|Title||Postdoctoral researcher in coordination chemistry|
|Employer||Université catholique de Louvain|
|Job location||Place de l'Université 1, 1348 Louvain-La-Neuve|
|Published||April 7, 2021|
|Application deadline||June 6, 2021|
|Job types||Postdoc  |
|Fields||Electromagnetism,   Organic Chemistry,   Inorganic Chemistry,   Molecular Chemistry,   Photochemistry,   Spectroscopy,   Molecular Physics,   Solid-state Physics,   Synthetic Chemistry,   |